Friday, January 9, 2009

A little poker

Trying to play a little poker these days. Ask some folks, especially Riggs, and they will tell you that’s exactly what I play, little poker, very little poker. Not driving my live play has virtually disappeared and lately I just haven’t had the motivation for online play. My nephew won a seat to the $500 event in the Borgata Open in 2 weeks and I had planned moving a medical off day from next Mon to that one and go rail him, play a bit and maybe do a little blogging from the Open. That idea got shot to hell however when I found out my daughter has next Mon off from school which gives us a long weekend to have her come visit. I love poker but my daughter is always my #1 priority and I don’t see her anywhere near enough since she moved to NY with her mother.

So back to poker. Tomorrow night looks promising. Game scheduled for the snakster Manor. Some of you might know snak as he blogged for awhile and played a bit in some of the blogger games. The man has a passion for poker and, unfortunately not enough outlets to indulge it. Always enjoy his home games. The chips, cards and bourbon are first class all the way. Lately however the crowds have been pretty weak. Seem to be the same couple of guys with an extra body or two and most of the night is played between 6-8 handed. Tomorrow sounds like it will be more like the Manor games of old if the people asking for seats aren’t just being long on promise and short on commitment. Hell, Riggs is even talking about an appearance and he doesn’t usually show at the JV game, as he refers to it. Right now only two problems on the horizon. One, since I’m not driving still, and my usual poker chauffer, my nephew, has an early work start Sun and can’t make the game I am dependant on someone for a ride home. I have one guy who said Ok as he goes by my place but he’s got a bit of a hike so he says he’s leaving around 12 and unless I can hitch a ride with someone else I’m going to have to leave early. Second problem is that they are calling for snow tonight/tomorrow. Predictions are for enough that could call the game, maybe keep some folks away or worst of all, have me get there and find my ride home decided not to come. Oh well, what will be will be.

Online wise am in the middle of the Donkament right now. Just won a hand raising the Hammer. How did that happen in the rebuy? NumbBono is living large however. Went all in back to back with 10-2 off and 8-4 off respectively and won both. Of course when he had a hand, K-K. He got beat. Cripes, the Donkament seems to be degenerating into the NumbBlowMe with nothing but all ins. Ok, I’m out. Can’t buy a hand. Time to stop rebuying. Seems my return to online poker is not auspicious. Wed I played a $2 SnG before the Mookie. At 5 players I had 2/3 the chips in play. 3 times in heads up I had over 11000 of the 13500 chips and still wound up in second. Then the Mookie. Pulled A-A 3 times and couldn’t get a caller. As soon as I got K-K however I found myself all in against someone else’s A-A. WTG herb. Did find a new buddy however. Woman in a SnG I played min raised with A-A and when I reraised with Q-Q only called. She then proceeded to min bet said As to a low board and then only called my raises. Lost on that hand, who could put her on aces, but going to look for games she is in. Gotta be profitable if she plays cash.

Enough poker for now, time to do what every father does, bore you with tales about my daughter. Had her for a week for Christmas and, fortunately for me, the school pictures lied. Despite he fact they made her look like a young woman when she arrived I found she was still my little girl though who knows for how much longer. She still likes Pokemon and her manga and was in her glories on Christmas Eve when the family got together and she got to romp with her cousins. She was ecstatic when she saw her Wii since she thought I hadn’t gotten it. In fact the first thing she mentioned when she got in the car for the trip back to the house the Tuesday before Christmas and I told her she was out of luck. So I lied to my daughter, sue me. Damn thing played hell with TV viewing for the week though but it was a gas. Cost me two extra controllers two as no one really liked to wait to play so I got the extras and we played 4 handed. My daughter is a killer at bowling, don’t know how but she is. Somehow has a knack of shutting you out in the tenth frame. Found that I could also play tennis and golf even though you supposedly have to use realistic motions to play and I’m not up to standing and swinging my arms around just yet. Found a way to do the job with just a flick of my wrist. Actually got pretty good at the tennis. Boxing is still out though as my left arm, while movable these days doesn’t exactly have the snap needed for the game. The other game I got her was a Pokemon battle game. It’s only one player though so I put limits on her with it so she wasn’t hogging the TV all by herself. The Wii played hell with TV viewing as it is but it was livable as long as everyone was participating. Was hell when I had to take her back to her mother, we had a great time together even though we couldn’t get out and around. Can’t wait for next Fri.

Ok, enough of the boring reminisces, time to play a bit more poker. Thanks for your interest.

No comments: