Sunday, December 14, 2008

Frustration

Getting tired of paired boards. Was having a mini run this weekend. Though I don’t play a lot of MTTs as a rule, usually confine myself to SnGs and ring games and limit the MTTs to blogger and league games, I gave up ring this weekend and played some MTTs and did decent. Started off with a few cashes in SnGs on Fri afternoon. Then won the Shark game on UB that night with a few more SnG cashes, including a win on Tilt. Saturday saw me cash a few multi tables, not for huge amounts because only getting smacked by the deck at opportune times enabled me to keep alive in them but I tripled my money which is a hell of a lot better than losing. That combined with some more SnG cashes, including throwing my last $3 on Stars into a SnG which I won made for a decent day. Overall was up about $120 for the 2 days which ain’t bad since I’m not one to put a lot of money into online games. In fact on some sites I’m playing with found money, banks I’ve started with freeroll winnings. Which brings me to today and my opening statement.

Actually it started yesterday but then it only cut my winnings short. Today it’s killing the winning totally. The paired board is killing me. I’m flopping two pair and losing to pocket pairs when the odd card winds up pairing giving someone a higher two. My mid pairs are getting destroyed when the board winds up double pairing and I lose to the guy who just can’t fold that A. I t’s wiping out my stacks and today has killed me when I was chip leader in 3 SnGs. Finally signed up for a PLO tourney to try and break the streak. We’ll see.

Finally got my ticket for the Stars blogger games. First is a PLO tomorrow afternoon. Verizon is coming in to install TV service around that time. My luck they’ll have to shut down my Internet connection to do it. Think I have an aircard around here somewhere. Better try and find it in case I need it. Can’t wait till TV service gets installed. The way Comcast has been nibbling away the channels, while raising prices, was beginning to think antennae would be better.

Thought I was going to get out to an RPT game tonight but nephew is hollering sore back so guess it happening. Combined with the fact that my usual game, the Trappe on Mondays, is probably off tomorrow because the Birds are on the tube means a lot of online poker unless I just go to bed.

OK, enough boredom, time for some PLO and a few more SnGs to try and break the streak. Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

Goatlady said...

HEY, you didn't mention you found new friends at the Poker Slut game and WON! And don't forget smboatdrinks game on Tuesday!! I use the calendar on the pokerslut site for the small games schedule.

Wolfshead said...

GL,

this was written before
I even heard of Pokersluts. They are subject for a new blog. Thanks for letting me know about them.

BamBam said...

See you tonight......

Since you seem to be free and all!

:)