Monday, December 15, 2008

Having some fun

Ok, have to make this a quickie as it’s halftime of the Bird’s game. Have to see if they can find a way to throw it away. The end of the half showed they are capable of it. Andy, run the frikkin ball on 3 and 1 once in awhile, give the new FB a chance.

As for poker I seem to be on a bit of a streak, both with Omaha games and sponsored games. In sponsored games I am 3 of 4 in the last few days. Took down the Shark game on Friday night, one from Pokersluts on Sunday, for which I have to thank Goatlady for introducing me to, and the Tuckfard II tonight. Also bubbled the first Tuckfard. All 3 wins really shouldn’t have been either. In all three I was short at about mid game and got lucky when I was more or less forced into a push situation. Won those situations to keep me alive until the cards finally decided to become playable. Might have done better in the first TuckFard if Mojo hadn’t had such an acute sense of smell. He was raising preflop like a madman and I was pulling garbage most hands yet I actually pulled A-A 3 times and wouldn’t you know he folded all 3 times. I swear he smelled those frikkin Aces. OTOH, I will say I did take advantage of DonK in both games. In game 1 I called his preflop raise with a little pair and then took advantage of his check on an A hi flop to pot it. He folded, damning that A saying he had Ks. Sorry Don, I only had 4s. Later, in the O8 game he pots it but it only has 4 left so I make a donkey call with only a hi draw and hit it to end his game. That one I was sorry about, it was a bad call though not as bad as the hurt the Shockerkitten dealt him in game one calling a push and repush with 7-9s and spiking trip 9s. Just wasn’t Don’s night. Overall it was a fun night, a good substitute for not making it to the bar.

As for the Omaha streak, two of the above wins were in Omaha games. I also cashed a couple of bigger Omaha tourneys though just barely. Winning the smaller ones is nice but would love one of those big paydays. Only blotch on the Omaha record the last few days was the Poker Stars freeroll this afternoon. Sucked at that one. Well, can’t have everything. Still more chances there however. Another thing about the streak is that it has been scattered over 4 different sites so that no one bankroll has been increased by a significant amount. Put anywhere from $15 to $60 into 4 playing stacks. Maybe one of these days I’ll get one up enough to withdraw something. OTOH however two of those rolls started out from a $10 cash on AP freeroll so I shouldn’t complain.

Oh well, this one went longer than a quickie though I did it during commercials. Time to stop boring you, watch the end of the game and Thank You for visiting.

3 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

You were low on chips early on and made a great come-back! I don't remember if it was nose or maybe my cards didn't mesh with the board, but I'm glad I got out of there on those hands you mentioned.

BamBam said...

Always a pleasure to "see" out at our TuckFard games Sir. Congrats on kickin' my azz in game #2.

;)

Large Member said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.