Thursday, November 6, 2008

50-50

Payed some poker tourneys last night and came out 50-50. Played the Mookie on Tilt and I belomg to n online league at Poker Analysis and they had a game on Cake poker last night. (plug for PA at www.pokeranalysis.com it can use more participants) Sucked at the Mookie, won the league game. Gave me a few bucks on another site and last night confirmed my opinion of enjoying AP as my favorite poker site. I know, neither game was on AP, but trying to play on both site at the same time was difficult. While both sites have warning system for a live hand in play neither is as good as the one that AP has and I had hands folded because I was involved in a hand at the other table. A-A once at the Mookie. The risk of multi tabling. I do have one complaint about AP when it comes to multi tabling however. When the table in play pops up it is impossible to put it in the background without making the play which can interfere if you have a more important play also in action at anothe table. Can't have everything.

Back to the games. The Mookie was fun but probably would have been better if my attention wasn't divided and the cards hadn't sucked so bad. Won a couple of hands but tey were mainly just keeping my head above water, never good enough to make a threat. Just hung on and had some fun. As for the league game it was touch and go early on. Was doing OK but twiced flopped top 2 and had the board come up 4 card straight or flush after a couple of check calls to half or pot sized bets which led me to giving up the hands to river bets. A table change and some decent cards got me up to third place and K-K and a reraise from top stack got me to first about halfway in. That was about what it took. Never went below 3rd after that even after a couple of suckouts by some short stacks all in pre. That and the fact that K-K popped up 3 more times in just the right situations, and held up every time, put the W on the board. It was first game of the month so I take an early lead in league standings. Want the bragging rights of a league win. Come close a number of times but always seem to fall a few points short. This month it is mine. Just have to make sure I make the games.

Speaking of games and site difficulties, isn't there a easy way of finding a game on Tilt? They have names but Tilt doesn't use them in the lobby. I basically search by time and buy in but I'll be damned if I could find the Mookie last night. Finally got there by doing a search on Riggs' name figuring he would be playing and found it. Thank Riggs, knew you would eventually be good for something someday.

For those interested the recovery goes on. Pushed too hard the other day and damaged the hand somewhat. Thing was swollen and exercises had to be put on hold. Iced it down and swelling id going down. Still working the arm and leg. Feel good. Therapists are bitches tho. Just when I start feeling good about my progress they come up with anew exercise that makes me sweat my cojons off and realise how much farther I still have to go.

Enough boredom for now. Thanks for your attention.

5 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

Thx for the update on recovery/therapy!

BWoP said...

Keep it up on the recovery front! I found a bar in Vegas that has a longboard table . . .

Wolfshead said...

I'll hold you to it asap

BamBam said...

"Thank Riggs, knew you would eventually be good for something someday."

BA-HA-HA-HA-HAAAAAA !!!!!

OH.... and glad to hear Therapists are still bitches! Some things never change!

Take care.

SirFWALGMan said...

I really enjoy your blog and hope to take it as a warning for my own life! Keep it up. Good stuff.