Thursday, November 13, 2008

A new low, even for me

Played the Bad Beat on Kidney Failure charity game on Tilt. Started off with about 80 players including 4 Tilt pros Have no idea what I’m doing here as the way I feel I should just turn out the light, turn on the tube and just lay my ass flat on the bed. Under normal circumstances I would actually be playing the game that way but being one armed for the time being manipulating the laptop in that position is a no go. As it’s for charity I decide to forego my comfort. Game starts and I find myself at a table with Andy Bloch. After the first hand I find myself leaving the table with Andy Bloch. What a time for me to go uber aggressive. Battle of the blinds first hand with me in the BB with Q-J. SB min raises so I call. Flop comes 3 under cards giving me a gut shot so when SB checks I pot it figuring he didn’t hit. He calls. Turn brings a Q and again he checks so I pot, he pushes and I don’t have enough left to bother folding top pair so I call. Seems that Q gave him his straight and sent me to the rail. Oh well, my reputation as a donk is preserved. Even worse I didn’t even get gigli honors, or is that dishonors, as 3 others found a way to beat me out. Since I had already decided to say to hell with hitting the sack I decided to hang around and rail Bam, who I am happy to say made it to the final table before he ran into a card rack, nay a card tank, by the name of Andy Bloch. Bad enough the man has the skills we all wish we had, last night he also had the devil’s own luck as well. As they say, them that has, gets. Have to say Mr. Bloch was a perfect gentleman, interacting with the players and laughing at the jokes, some at his expense, because f his luck, and bidding defeated players farewell with the standard GG. Thank you sir for helping out a worthy cause and folks, if you see him signed up for a charity game, participate if you can. The causes are worthy and if you should get lucky enough to be seated at his table you’ll have fun. At least until he finds a way to take you out.

Since I was up and railing Bam I decided to play the PLO turbos on AP and UB. Both were major donkfests. Have never seen so many preflop raises and reraises. Any high pair or double suited hand was seen as worthy of a pot sized bet even if the double suits were led by 4s or 7s. This was followed by all ins on any flush draw. On AP I stayed card dead and went down early. On UB I hung around to get close to the cash when a couple of my top 2s on the flop converted to boats against those optimistic flush chasers. However I ran into one too many chasers around the bubble and so went into the night and finally to bed. Another day, another game.

Today is a miserable day here. Cold, wet and neither helping my sore muscles or arthritis. Had to cancel today’s therapy session as I’m just too stiff and sore from yesterday. Just going to be lazy the rest of the day, probably play some poker and hope it clears up for tomorrow. In the meantime will find new ways to bore you. Thanks for allowing me to.

1 comment:

BamBam said...

The rail time was greatly appreciated my friend.

Thank you very much!