Friday, November 14, 2008

Ranting, even tho I'm doing well

The tables were not kind to me yesterday and I can’t even blame the donkeys. It was a day where you get good hand after good hand only to keep winding up second best, usually on the river. Hi pocket pairs got no callers. Flopped two pairs would get overridden by a set or by the board pairing to give the other guy’s pp a better two. Mid aces that paired would wind up losing to an unsuspected A-paint that wasn’t raised pre. Or bet post. Even bubbled two SnGs, one because of big stack calling my all in with crap and catching a straight to my flopped top-top. Then I get top pair, good kicker called down by bottom pair that turns to a back door straight. As they say, only thing worse than bad cards are good cards that aren’t quite good enough.

Today another miserable day. Not raining hard, just occasional spritzs but ground too muddy to do any digging. Tomorrow predicted to be even worse. I ordered these damn plants for the fall so I didn’t hit the spring rains and now I’m getting screwed again. Damn arms and shoulders feel like digging again too. Someone up there hates me.

Speaking of hate I’m beginning to have a few too. First and foremost right now is the touchpad on this laptop. Damn thing a major pain in my butt. Half the time the tap click doesn’t work at all and the other half the cursor seems to slide all over the screen with a mind of its own. I spend an hour at the nickel and dime table on UB and double my money and then give almost all of it away when I move the cursor to fold and it slides back to call. when some peckerwood goes all in. The reason I say peckerwood is because, after sitting there for at least a half hour and watching me turn over good hands when I lead out betting, and watching him do nothing out throw out reraise after reraise, and showing nothing when called, he still kept trying to force me out of hands I had already led out a pot sized bet on. This time he actually had decent hole cards and they stood up. Thankfully, being the peckerwood that he was he returned the money, and then some, within the next orbit. Gotta love those donkeys who are betting without even a chance to suck out on ya.

Speaking of hate, donkeys and suckouts bring me to my next rant. What the hell is it with these people that refuse to release an A, no matter how weak and what the board and/or betting tells them? Got caught by two of these assholes tonight, one in ring, and one on a $5 SnG. In the SnG we had both taken out 2 people and were the big stacks., everyone else under the starting stacks. I catch A-J suited OTB and raise 3xs and he calls from MP. Flop brings 3 unders and the flush draw so I go pot. He tanks then calls. Turn brings me the A and still have nut flush redraw so I push figuring even if he has the A he’s outkicked plus I have outs. He again tanks then calls. River a 3 and it shows him with A-3 and I’m gone. WTF? Nothing on the flop and piss poor kicker on his A at the turn after I have already raised pre, potted flop and pushed on the A. How he even got to the turn outside of being brain dead I’ll never frikkin know? Same thing in the cash game, I raise pre, pot flop and put the guy all in on the turn when I pair the A to my A-K on the turn. Of course the A-5 calls all the way and catches the river 5. Again however he eventually gave me my funds back. One of these days I’m going to build a temple dedicated to the cult of the almighty, invincible Ace. The way some people worship it I should make a killing on the collections.

Third rant, again dealing with peckerwoods and lo stakes poker. I am really beginning to hate these folks that sit down at the table with the minimum stake just so they can go all in when they decide to play a hand. While they are doing a bit of fattening my accounts it’s not a fun way to play Not only that I have a feeling that they are actually costing me money. Too many times I have a good hand and actually improve it but it is only me and the idiot in the pot because his all in pre scared out other potential players. Considering what some people at lo stakes will call a 3xs raise with if that guy hadn’t pushed I might have had a few more fish on the line. Oh well, as long as the RNG doesn’t go nuts on me I’m still coming out ahead. BTW, I got back what I lost yesterday plus a few extra thanks to the peckerwoods today. Should have een even more.

OK ranting is boring so enough of it. Thanks for allowing me to rant.

2 comments:

BWoP said...

I'm with you on the short-stacked shove-monkey thing. It drives me nuts even though it can be profitable.

Goatlady said...

LOL - so, are you ahead this year or behind? Are you with Bambam and I (he tells me 2008 has been bad for him) or are you a winner?