Monday, November 3, 2008

Legging it out

Feeling good this morning. Legs, which had been feeling tired over the weekend, feel strong. Not up to any jogging but walking a lot more naturally and can actually take my shower standing instead of sitting down. Still keeping the chair handy tho, to be on the safe side. Arm is steadily improving. Forcing it to try and do some easy tasks and it's getting so I can pick up some clothes with it and shut, and sometimes open, doors. Just thought I'ld let you know for those who care how the rehab is coming. For those of you who don't really give a flying fuck, bite me. You just have to live with it. Life and blogs are a bitch.

Spent most of the day yesterday playing poker online while watching football. Damn Eagles better improve before they face the Giants next week. Poker was basically a wash for the day. The donkey tables on UB were kind to the donkeys yesterday so I lost a few bucks over there. However as they say, the Lord also giveth. Cashed a $3 PLO on AP along with a couple of $1 SnGs to make up my loses on UB. May have actually made a buck or two in the final outcome. Should have done better in the PLO but not paying attention caused me to screw myself. My final hand, in position, I flopped top and bottom with no draws on the board and had it checked around to me. Normally I pot it in this situation but I didn't notice bottom pair so I just checked also and then caught sight of the second pair. With 5 in the pot it was a decent one at that level. When the turn came a blank, or so I thought, and it again checked around I hit the pot button and wound up with a caller. Damn, as that pot bet put in 3/4 of my chips. Still it was a rainbow board and that turn, a 6, only put out the faintest of straight draws. The river another blank, get a check, I push the rest of my chips figuring I might still be good, Get the call and that turn shafted me, Guy had pair of 6s in his hand. Still can't figure why he checked that turn but considering his hand I couldn't have seen him sticking around if I had only punched that flop. Ah well, such is life, and poker.

Speaking of poker I really wanted to play the Tuck Fard tonight but Monday is the night of the one RPT game I play regularly nd haven't been there in awhile. If I had both arms working I would take the laptop with me and do both but with only one arm there is no way I can juggle both. Besides they have a free buffet with mini corn dogs on it and my corn dog quotient is damn low these days. Maybe in another week or so. As I said the arm is getting stronger.

Ok, this is long enough in the kingdom of boredom. Thanks for allowing me to be your guide.

3 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

Just thought I'ld let you know for those who care how the rehab is coming.

Good news and thx for the update!!

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that rehab is coming along.

Enjoy the corn dogs.

BamBam said...

I personally, can't wait 'till we can get you out to a Tuckfard game.

"Uh Wolfy, could you pass the chips please!"

:)