Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Just cruisin

Couldn’t play my live game last night so decided to sit in on the TuckFard. (and no Bam I wasn’t researching it, or TuckFards in general, or even recliners. Was trying to find out why none of my Disney DVDs will not auto play unless they are the first disc in my changer. First disc and they play OK, in any other part of the rotation it skips them. This is my second changer and it did the same in both of them so have a feeling it’s something in the disc coding. Anyone else have a similar problem?) After my last couple of blogger games this one was a pleasant surprise. No rebuy madness and contrary to what the name would lead you to expect so tight well played poker. Three handed it seemed to go on forever. Collected a couple of bounties and made it to second place. Seemed to make a habit of slowly building a stack and then handing it off to WS, the eventual winner, in one fell swoop. Three times I had him going in and he wound up passing me. Not to say he played donk hands, his hands were good, mine just better.(except for that frikkin J-4 suited he made a move with and I decided to call with J-9 suited. Neither hand anything to be proud of but that 4 on the flop really pissed me off.) Kudos to both him and SuzyQ for a testing final and thanks to all participants for a fun game.

Felt really good this morning but that feeling lasted only as long as therapy. Damned sadists there noticed things were going a lot easier today so decided that they were going to add some weights or resistance bands to my arm and legs as I went thru the routines. Bitches. Feeling dog tired now. Day is nice here today. Sunny but windy. If the rain holds off till late tomorrow I might finally get the last of the berry canes in the ground. That I will consider an accomplishment.

Right now playing some cash games but not doing so well. Good just ain’t good enough and the RNG favoring the chase artists. Plus have two characters at table that are afraid to bet their hands. I hate it when I’m in position and decide to bet out second pair since it checked around to me and get check called all the way down only to have some asshole turn over flopped top pair and never even bet it. Why the hell are you playing in the first frikkin place? And if you are afraid of your kicker then why cal? Bet your damned cards will you. Slow playing a pair of Js with a 7 kicker is not a good idea! May just shut it down for awhile and nap. League game tonight so will be playing that and anything else I might find. Been playing the $1 PLOs at 10:20 on both AP and UB but haven’t been able to catch a playable hand for 3 nights now. ‘bout ready to give up on it for awhile.

OK, starting to rant. Time to shut it down for a bit. More boredom later. Thanks for the visit.

3 comments:

BamBam said...

Glad to hear the therapy went so....errr.... Well?

If you're ever around on a Monday again, you know you're always welcome Sir.

For the record, there's also a game at 8:00pm Monday's too. It used to be HORSE but this week Carson made it Omahahaha. Don't know if it'll be changing every week or not, but it's the same great crowd playin' a little something different.

Good skill tonight!

Memphis MOJO said...

Nice job in the Tuckfard open!

Wolfshead said...

Pure luck double M. I'm just getting a handle on this game