Sunday, November 2, 2008

Ready to roar

OK. it's a new week and feeling like a new man. The lassitude is falling away. Now I just need to get out and about to find some fodder for my dearthless wit and prose. If not I might just have to start voicing my views on the campaign. God help you if I start that.

Spent Saturday with Dr. Pauly. Interesting game. Considering my few associations with blogger games, the Numb Blow and a charity rebuy, and the fact it was PLO, I was expecting more madness. Suprised the hell out of me to find a fairly tight, reasonably played table. Was enjoyable to play a PLO tourney where half the people didn't think that a high pair meant a preflop pot raise. Made it to 6th and was a lucky shit to do that. Early on cards were so cold I got frikkin frostbite on my fingers. The couple of times I did get playable hands I was in the BB and got a walk. Forced to go all in with marginal hands a couple of times and wound up sucking out to stay alive. Cards did wake up just before final table and I got myself up to a reasonable stack for the final but I died when I got good hole cards but couldn't catch a flop. Oh well, I made up my entry fee over on UB on the penny ante and nickle and dime NL games. Just love donkey tables when the donkeys aren't getting lucky. Good game people and will keep it in mind when my Sat afternoons are not spoken for. BTW, thanks for the cheering from the rail whoever you were. Didn't recognize the screen name but all flattery highly appreciated.

Speaking of UB, I hate the site. Had to put some bucks on it because I didn't realize I could get cash onto Stars or Tilt (also not a favored site tho the bloggers seem to love it) and UB was my only option for action in the hospital, or so I thought. Thing is, UB was the first site I played many moons ago and I did like. Changes in policy and the recent scandal seem to have cut into player participation however so the amunt of available games as decreased since I played there and I hate the "contributing" rake factor when it comes to clearing bonus. Major disincentive if you play tight. However I have some money there now so will see if I can persuade the donkeys to keep contributing to the fund until I reach the amount where I can transfer back into my AP account. I could do an AP transfer to UB and then back to AP but what the hell, I'm up 50% so far so might as well see if I can keep milking the cow. Besides beginning to like getting ranted at. you gotta love it when you get bitched at for a play and when, in violation of usual policy I tried explaining. As the guy kept bitching a third party chimes in saying not to hand out free lessons, The bitcher replies that he just has to educate me and the third party replies, "I wasn't talking to you, I was speaking to Wolf". That, of course, sets off a whole new series of rants. Priceless.

OK, time to catch up on my reading and play some poker. Damn Eagles have a late game so need to keep myself occupied for awhile.

Bored you long enough, i thak you for allowing me to do so.

No comments: