Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving

Been a week since I posted, shows how exiting my life has been lately. Not that it has been all that action packed to begin with but the last week has been total bore. Not much poker, what little I have played I have sucked at. Bit of therapy and that is becoming routine. Bit of good news in that next week may write Fini to the leg work leaving only the arm to keep pushing on. Plants are all in the ground waiting for the spring to see if I was just jerking off rushing around to get them in. Still waiting on the trees to be delivered. Thought they might have shown this week with the recent cold snap but they haven’t made it yet. Just a damned slow week

Thanksgiving evening and just woke up from post dinner nap. The stroke has curtailed my alcohol intake over the last few months and it shows. Couple of glasses of wine and I went down like a baby. Way out of shape for any blogger gatherings right now, would be perceived as a lightweight. Slept thru the first half of the Eagles game. Eagles slaughtering the Cards. I start watching the game and all of a sudden the Cards are kicking Philly butt. Cards pinned on their own 10. They score here and I am turning it off. Will confirm that I am a total jinx when it comes to sports. Every time I watch things go to hell for the locals. Maybe not. Warner gets hammered but completes the pass for a first down but Boldin just fumbled with nothing but green shirts around. They might hang on here..

Overslept any poker games also. Oh well. Now wide awake and nothing to do. What a bite. Hopefully get out to a live game this Sat. Will be a nice change of pace. Heard the possibility the game may be on, just haven’t had it confirmed. Need to see if I can get a ride home if it’s on. Not driving is still a bitch.

Got my daughter’s school pictures this week. I am getting old. The pictures this year were not of my little girl child, they were of a young lady I hardly recognized. Another year I’m going to have to load up the shotgun and give my ex some rules to post to keep the boys in line. Know where her brains come from but have no idea where she gets her looks.

Got some early Christmas shopping done this week. Finally found a Wii for my daughter. She’ll be happy as a clam come Christmas. Only been hinting, no outright begging, for over a year now. Also did some of my booze shopping for the holidays. Usually get a few bottles of good blendeds for Christmas gifts at work which usually handles the visitors but since I’m not at work who knows if they will be there so needed to get them in addition to the bourbon, rum and rye I prefer. Someone went marching thru my supply over the course of the last couple of months. Outside the scotch which I keep on hand for some good friends, and my Irish, of which I occasionally partake my cupboard is bare. Needs some serious replenishment. That doesn’t even count the wines either. My stock of bubbles is getting seriously low and Bollinger is a bitch to find in PA. Don’t even think of Krug or Pol Roger. Outside the domestic bubbles it seems Mumms and Moet are the kings of the shelf around here. Moet isn’t bad in a pinch but as far as I’m concerned Mumms is the Andre of French bubbles. Seems when it comes to champagne my tastes run more towards Ay and Epernay rather than Reims tho I make an exception for Krug. As for American bubbles they have improved immensely since the French houses have started producing in the states but Iron Horse and Schramsberg are still the bubbles of choice for me, when I can afford them. Bubbles are not a cheap addiction.

OK, it’s still Thanksgiving and I guess I do have a lot to be thankful for. A beautiful daughter, a great family who have given me great support during these times. Tho still impeded a bit by the stroke I’m thankful that it wasn’t a lot worse than it was. I could have been spending this time in a hospital somewhere. And loads of thanks to this community for the friendship they have shown.

OK, family just arrived from the slots parlor so it’s getting a bit hectic hectic here. Enough of this journey into the land of boredom. I shall open the door and allow you to leave. Thanks for the visit.

4 comments:

Memphis MOJO said...

A belated Happy Thanksgiving!

BamBam said...

Many thanks in return to you Sir.

From the self-appointed President of the community.

:)

BamBam said...

Just checking in Wolfy. Hope all is going well in your World.

Memphis MOJO said...

Don't quit blogging. Even if you don't feel like it, it's good for the soul.