Monday, November 17, 2008

Coming along, coming along

Bit of a busy day today. Weather let up and bit of cold spell coming in so took advantage, grabbed a shovel and some help and dug some holes. Got 15 blueberries in the ground today with help from Dad and my nephew. Still a dozen blackberries and a dozen raspberries left to go. Was able to do the blueberries because they are going into a grass verge on edge of property so even though ground was pretty wet we were able to dig because of the grass. The old garden area where I’m putting the others is tilled so is still a sea of mud, no way to dig. Seems like they are calling for either rain or snow tomorrow so have a feeling that those other berry plants may be goners. Snow I can live with but rain going to hold things up a few more days.

Again the exercise felt good but paying for it now. Muscles still not used to it so I’m starting to tighten up. Part of the problem is the furniture. Never before realized how bad common household furniture is for handicapped people. Sitting on the couch or chair and there isn’t really enough support to feel comfortable and the edge of the seat winds up cutting circulation to the legs so that they start to fall asleep. Add in the fact that you sink into a gravity well when you sit on most furniture and without two arms that work you can’t lever yourself up or you have trouble sliding up to the edge to be able to be able to use your legs to lift. Need to go shopping to find my self a recliner that provides support, I can get out of easily and can take the pressure I’m going to wind up exerting on it without falling apart. I ain’t a small guy to begin with and using only one arm I can apply some heavy pressure in uneven directions that a normal person wouldn’t naturally do. Any suggestions, I’m all ears. Might even go looking for a futon or a daybed as I’m also spending a lot of time sitting on the edge of the bed and that’s a bitch since there is no support at all for the back. Something that converts from bed to seat and back may help.

Missing my live poker game tonight. No ride as my nephew is working. Maybe I’ll make the TuckFard. We’ll see. Played a Buy in league game last night and bubbled. Cards were good early and a 3 way all in at final table plus one sent me into the final table as second stack when I spiked set of 4s vs set of 3s and ppKs. Hands went cold after that and I got injured when I caught A-J with a J on the flop for top-top but one of the callers to the preflop raise had ppQs. Been in a bit of tourney funk lately. Close but no WEO. Hopefully I snap out soon.

Well we have been boring long enough. Need to do some research before I do any playing tonight so I’ll just say thanks for tuning in.

1 comment:

BamBam said...

Please tell me you were researching recliners, and NOT Tuckfards!

LOL....

Thanks for making it out last night. It was great to see you!