Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pooped

It's a beautiful day here and I'm too pooped to enjoy it. Out late at the bar game last night and up early for the docs and therapy. Wanted to get those plants in the ground today but therapy has wasted my legs so hopefully tomorrow stays as nice and hopefully my plants are still alive. Any volunteers are more than welcome to stop by.

Good news from the doc. Got okayed to return to work, at least part time. Can start back 3 days a week on Mon. Acck, while writing this I got bad news call from work. Because of the way the handbook and rules are written I can't return to work. They made no differentiation between salaried and hourly personel and there is no provision for light duty in the rules so that even tho I would be doing my regular job, just less hours, it is construed as light duty and so if they allow me to do it they have to accomodate those folks in the plant with light duty jobs so I'm SOL until a full release. Arrrrrrgh!!!!!!! Stuck for now. Damn.

Bam, appreciated the advice but the league game didn't come with corn dogs and chicken fries so that decided the issue, that and being able to get out of the house. (see above). Last night started hot and quickly fizzled. Third hand I flopped the nuts, K-hi straight, and had 2 folks push all in in front of me, smaller straight and 2 pair. Didn't even have to work at it. If only they were all that easy. After that the cards went further south than Argentina. Won a couple out of the blinds, stole a few but mainly just did a lot of folding tho when the blinds went up started to bleed chips with A-face hole cards and lo flops. C-bets only brought raises and my stack dropped. The death blow was dealt by one of those people who hate to give up an A no matter how low the kicker. Afraid to bet them and afraid to let them go. He limped and I raised with pp 10s and he called. Flop brings A-x-x and he checks and I throw out a pot and he calls. Turn a blank, another check, I figure a draw so I push and a call. He turns over A-3 off and river isn't a 10 so I'm left with a BB and a half. WTF? What is the purpose of check calling that lo ace? If you think it's good why not bet it or at least test bet it to see if that low kicker is useless? If you are afraid of that low kicker being no good why call the bets? I will never figure these people out. Was able to work the remaining chips up to a couple of BBs but went out in tenth. Wasn't too bad. Made it to the corndogs.

As for the league it didn't turn out too bad. I lost a few points of my lead but not most. Still have 30+ point lead with 4 games left. Think one of them is next Mon tho so have to make a good showing in the Sat game. We'll see how it goes.

BTW, since my legs are tired I sat and played poker, what else. Must be getting better, picked up $10 on the .05-.10 tables and another $3 on the penny ones. Except for that call from work not a bad morning.

OK, enuff boredom fofr you folks. Thanks for tuning in.

1 comment:

BamBam said...

Corn Dogs and Chicken Fries huh?

Peb's and I may need to make another PA appearance to check those out.

:)

OK Google ! WTF ?

Word verification is... biteme.