Friday, October 31, 2008

Rested, a bit

Been home a week now and been about that long since I last posted. Sorry but been a bit busy. Had my daughter for last weekend and she took up most of my time. Mon spent the morning at the doctors then the rest of the day driving with my brother, for those of you worried that I might be behind a wheel, not just yet, to get my daughter back to her mother. Tues spent with doctors and therapists, Wed was free but used that to catch up on missing sleep and yesterday with the therapists, family and still more sleep. Did get out for a haircut and a bit of RPT poker last night. Helps immensely, mentally. What few free hours I did have spent mostly catching up on those missing Zs.

Hate to say it but a strange feeling hit after my daughter went home. Not exactly a depression, more like a feeling of lassitude (how do you lie them $5 words?). Really didn't feel like doing a whole lot, no posting, no poker, nada. hing is, as bad as the hospital was there were things to rebel against, to poke fun at, to engage me mentally. At home it's just routine. Noone to bitch at, to wise off to. The crap cops would feel good here however. A week home and my system still hasn't adjusted to real food.. Hear that Bryn Mawr poop police, if you are listening, I'm taking about six shits a day. Hope you are happy.

Therapy is a major pain in the ass. Spending money on a medical co-pay to do things with oversized rubber bands that I could do with weight machines at a gym I am already paying for. And at a lot less I might add. Therapy costs me in a week what I pay for the gym in a month. Big incentive to get fixed, fast. Luckily the PT therapist says I won't be seeing her long. Leg is doing well. Some days it feels 95%, others maybe only 80%. Tires fast but rest and exercise will soon fix that. Arm is another matter. It's coming along well but who knows what we are looking at. Trying to get it to do simple tasks as much as possible, like closing doors or pulling up blankets. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. Can almost make a fist with the fingers. Thumb still recalcitrant tho it has started moving as has the wrist, a bit. On the whole, good progress I think. Need the arm fairly active for the leg to get over the final hurdle because the damned boat anchor act still throws off the balance a bit no matter how good the leg feels.

Finally got out to play some RPT poker last night. Good to know some things haven't changed during my enforced layoff. The peckerwoods are still turning up as usual. Was doing decent until apair of 4s in the hole becomes a set on the flop. Due to two suited cards out there I don't slow play but throw out about a 2/3 pot bet and get a caller. When 3rd suited falls I figure he hit and just check but so does he. River a 4th suited and I wind up losing to his 5 hi vs my 4 hi. He called my flop bet with gut shot straight draw I know I gave him the free river but figured I was already beat at that point. Figured he would chase flush for that bet, never a gutterball. Lost half my chips and straggled to 12th. Then again he might have even called a turn bet figuring he had flush and straight draws. Who knows.

Speaking of poker, it's late but who ever thought up the Numbblow? Someone's bingo night get canceled? That was a hell of an experience. Unlike some who played it all in every hand I did try for a little sanity in an insane world. I at least wanted playable cards before I hit the button. 3 times I got up to 40K only to lose it all when I flopped two pair and got rivered by higher two pair. The last time was right before the rebuy ended so I went into the real game with the minimum. Got that up to 30k before I lost it the same way. Flop two pair and go all in against top pair top kicker. Runner runner pairs the board counterfeiting me and I'm gone. Ah well, it was fun but wouldn't like to do it for a living.

Getting tired and figure you guys are of me so time to thank you for letting me allow a bit of boredom into your lives. See you later

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that your arm and leg are getting better. Even if it is at their own pace.

As for the RPT hand, you thought you were beat by a flush, and... you were. If that person called the flop bet on a gutter, then tripled his outs on the turn, he absolutely calls you bet. That's how donkeys roll.

Numb Blow me was a riot. I'll be there for the next one, I just hope it's not for a few months.

BamBam said...

Glad to hear all is improving Sir!
I'll try and keep the "artwork" to a minimum from now on too. I figured they might help with the therapy though!

;)