Thursday, May 6, 2010

And a Wacky Wednesday it was

OK Josie, a few words about the Mookie. Now maybe you are doing the Dank/Buddy thing just to make nice to Waffles but think of this for a minute. You have started, and pushed, your own tourney, The Very Josie. All well and good. Enjoyed playing the last one. However allow your mind to wander into the future. You can do that can’t you; you seem to have a good imagination concerning other things. Anyway think of the time you either grow tired ad bored of the whole blogger and/or poker thing or, heaven forefend, you can no longer manage to handle such things. Someone decides that since you are leaving the game they are going to take over the running of your game as homage to you. Have no doubts, it will happen because there is always someone out there with more testosterone than brains. So now, your tourney is out there, with your name on it, being continued as a tradition by some peckerwood without any sense. Do you want someone pushing for the tourneys name to be changed to that peckerwood’s just because he is running it? (Buddy, this is not to imply you are a peckerwood, just a general swipe at some future, possible Josie admirer. Course if you take over running the Very Josie at some point in the future I reserve the right to alter my judgment) Back to the tirade. So Josie, do you want tradition to go hang and have someone pushing to name YOUR tourney after some futuristic Mojo type just because he hasn’t the brains god gave bastard geese in Ireland? Just think about it the next time you start to write Dank/Buddy in your blog in place of the Mookie. Is sucking up to Waffles worth all that? Just think, the Very Josie is pushed to become the Very Mojo Whatever?


Man it was Wacky Wed. at least as far as the Tokers game went. A tight table at lower levels started getting 4-5 limpers at about the 5th. Usually people tighten up as the blinds get higher unless they are shoving. I figured I was going to end this one early given the structure and the fact I had a few other games coming up. Little did I know even when I took a big hit just before break time. I figured the structure would make this one a quickie but when it started I found out it was a triple stack, or almost. Actually it was some weird number close to a triple in keeping with the Wacky Wed theme I guess. Even wackier was that when I took a peek at the lobby to see the players I noticed that third place is listed as top prize. WTF. I mention this in the chat box and someone else mentions that no, they see it as 4th so I look again and sure as hell 4th place is now on top and third is low man on the totem pole. I recognize a couple of the players from the GFN Forum Wars I’ve been playing and the Poker Analysis league games but on the whole it’s mostly a new bunch so have no idea what to expect here. Well I go along, grinding out a decent stack, lots of limping and checking by the table with a well timed bet able to take pots. They aren’t big but keeping me in business until I take a big hit just before the break and drop down below starting stack. After the break both the PA league game and the Very Josie start up and things really became wacky. Who needs a toke when it’s all a blur anyway? I have no idea how things went after break as all 3 games were being played at a decent speed and Josie was yapping away like a Pekinese and I’m on a fast track to who knows where. All I know is that in this game I’m playing a lot of pots and winning with a lot of air. Eventually I notice I’m second stack. Next thing you know we're down to the bubble and my stack is just average. No, I didn’t lose any; it’s just that while I’m grinding along here the rest of my opponents are doubling up and getting knockouts. My way was effective but theirs seemed a lot easier. I keep muddling along and we’re down to 6 and I’m second stack again and I think do I really want to do this? 4th place is the top prize after all but no one seems to be making an effort to dump chips so I keep on relying on good old air. It got me this far. Finally it becomes 4 handed and I even have a way figured to go out in 4th as long as I have the proper position but no one seems to be trying to hit that spot so I think maybe the payout figures are a joke and keep on playing. We play 4 handed for awhile so now I’m sure someone is just fucking around and I have become chip leader by a small amount. I take out the former chip leader and now have a massive chip lead on the other two. I also KO the short stack and I think the second place finisher just decided to give it up as a few hands later they shove with nothing and I actually had a hand. I won. Or did I? It seems that it was no joke, 4th place actually got the bigger money. Something I need to file away for the future. Even better is that as strange as this game was it was played against the background of both the Very Josie and eventually the Mookie. Head was definitely spinning.

While I did well in the game I figured to basically be a blow off game the rest of the night wasn’t so hot, at least on the poker side. Overall I cam out about even money wise give or take but of course I lost money on Tilt while adding more on Cake. I can’t do anything right. The PA league game and the VJ started up the same tie and I was already in the Toker game. The PA game didn’t last long so Josie I never actually got to those 4 games at once. I maxed at 3 last night. Don’t remember much about the PA game. Was heavily involved on both the Toker and VJ tables while Josie was still making like a yappy dog and I was getting taken to task by Gary for busting her chops. Oh boy, another tripper . Actually Gary ain’t a bad guy who was at the end of a loooong day and we got things on an even keel. No problems Gary, I’m used to those reactions from men where Josie is concerned. She has some kind of strange effect on them. Anyway, back to the league game. Went out early on a hand where the flop was T-5-5. Flopped TP2K and bet the flop and got a caller. Turn was low so bet again and again was called. Figured no 5 there since no raise so I shoved the river and guess I was called as next thing I know I was out. Don’t even know what beat me as I was tied up elsewhere. More than likely some peckerwood called me down with an ace and spiked it on the river. Oh yea, don’t even know the river card, I basically shoved without even paying attention.

Do have to say that the V-Josie was fun. (No that ain’t a nice comment about you) even if the cards stayed away. Took an early hand off Gary with a T-T. When the flop hit with 2 overs he bet and I said what the hell and threw out a raise. He thought about it then called. Turn was a blank and he checked and I bet and again he thought and again he called. Aw shit I’m thinking, I can’t get rid of him, he’s got a higher pair. River brought me a T but also put a possible straight and maybe flush out there. He checks and I’m debating, bet or check. Was he drawing and did he hit and now trapping? Check is probably the proper move as I’m probably beat if he calls or raises. He might however be holding top pair with a weak kicker so the right bet might net me a bit more. I bet, hoping he don’t shove over me. He thinks for awhile and then folds calling himself chicken. I’m just as glad he didn’t make that call. After that it was all down hill. I couldn’t catch a dose in a $2 house of ill repute let alone a decent hand. Coop still whining about having his aces cracked by Cricket’s jacks and Mojo talking about having them about 5 times. Hell, the only time I see aces any more is in the other guy’s hand when I have kings or queens. Anyhow with Josie in the game I couldn’t even try to make a play as everyone knows she’ll call you down with any A-rag. : It was still interesting and fun, the chat alone worth it even if Josie dominates it. Give it a try come the first Wed in June. You’ll like it, Mikey does. Somewhere in the chat dept I found I had a reader in Lucki Duck. Thanks Lucki, you represent a higher class of reader, I hope, judging by the lowlifes I usually find in my comments section . BTW, speaking of the chat Jordan plays a mean game in the trash talk department.

The Mookie was not memorable. The cold cards traveled over from the table at the Josie and it seemed every player at my table knew it. Every time I tried to manufacture a bit of luck I wound up getting check raised. Talk about bleeding chips; I was hemorrhaging like my carotid was cut. Somehow I scratched felt to the break but decided I wasn’t going anywhere so popped a sleeping pill figuring it and my demise in the game would t6ake effect about the same time. Actually the demise came a bit sooner when I made a stand with K-Js against an A-K. So I watched the end of the Very Josie and saw Jordan climb out of a big hole to take out Josie but come up short when Mojo hit Broadway to his flopped trips. Good game Jordan and nice win Mojo. There was one bright spot to the Mookie. Seems Josie has a thing going for Riggs and so was railing him at the final table and saw him go down with A-rag. She commented on it in her blog and when Riggs commented explaining his play Josie decided to give him a poker lesson on the play of A-rag. Priceless!!! Hell, I’ll pay a dollar to see the elephant pull a football out of a monkey’s ass any day.

And on that note it’s farewell for now. Thanks for the listen.

21 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

Are you saying I am low class Wolf? There used to be a Monday's With Hoy but he had enough balls to just shut it down. Friday Donkament with Katitude also. She did not get someone to take it and keep it going after she got tired of it.

Honestly I am just having a little fun. I could care less if it remains the Mookie. It just seems if the founder who it's named after and who I was playing with when you were a young 70 (:P) is not in it then it should be folded.

Since Buddy has a stake in having it running it will not be stopped so it should be renamed.

P.S. Man you are uptight. :).

Wolfshead said...

Waffles,

ssssshhh, we got a good thing going here. Don't blow it. Never let the mark know which hand holds the black queen.

dbcooper said...

I am still whining about my damn aces. Like to say it was great playing with you last night but I wasn't there long enough.

Josie said...

Wolfie, it you want my 2 cents here it is. NO ONE runs the Very Josie BUT Very Josie. That'd just never happen. If I don't wanna do it, I'd shut it down....but that's just me.

As far as The Mookie/Dank - I couldn't care less what it's called. I just think Waffles is having fun so why not support it. In my mind it's the mookie but couln't really give a crap.

And for the record, I'm not sucking up to waffles or anyone else. Just having fun. I've got no agenda sweetheart, other than to have a good time.

MY THING for Riggs. I was writing up my post and watching the final table and rooting for the only guy I vaguely knew. Sweetheart, when I have A THING for someone, I do a helluva lot MORE than that. Have I mentioned that I have talented fingers? The talent doesn't stop there.

Glad you had a good time last night. I did too. Did it ever occur to you that maybe I have A THING for you? ;)

lightning36 said...

I'm doing a fly-over here, but I thought this blog was a JFZ?

Wolfshead said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Memphis MOJO said...

Hell, I’ll pay a dollar to see the elephant pull a football out of a monkey’s ass any day.

Bwa ha ha ha...damn, it's good to have you blogging again.

Wolfshead said...

BTW Josie,

keep hollering at me and you'll not only never get that nice comment you won't even get anymore links *EG*

SirFWALGMan said...

If Josie keeps talking about fingers and stuff Wolf is going to have a heart attack.

Josie said...

Wolfie, I'm just messing with you!:P You can't take it can't you?
Now I want my nice comment!!! And my links too.
Don't be stingy like the guy who doesn't know how to play pocket aces.
I don't mind your torturing me at all. Believe me if you I did, you'd know about it. But damn, once in a while you can be a little nice. Actually I think you are a little nice or I wouldn't be wasting my time here. :P

Josie said...

@Waffles

LOL Wolfie needs to learn that he isn't the only one who can push buttons.

Wolfshead said...

Josie, LOL. Did you ever think I'm having as much fun as Waffles in playing devil's advocate? As for yanking your chain you invite abuse, it would be impolite for you not to accept it :-pppppp In case you haven't quite noticed by now I don't exactly march to the same drummer everyone else does. Think I'm tone deaf. Anyhow when someone says right I'm going left just to be my usual contrary self.
Everyone, just live with it.

Unfortunately I cannot use my usual marker for a grin as these damn sites consider it hypertext and make it disapper and I never was big on smilies. Just remember I am cynical, sarcastic, full of piss and vinegar and take almost nothing seriously anymore. Have just decided to actually let it show. Now don't go spoiling my schtick.

Wolfshead said...

MM,

don't you go buttering me up now that Josie's put a target on your back. You'll just have to be content with Cricket.

Wolfshead said...

No Josie, it would never occur to me that you might have a thing for me. One, unlike some that inhabit the blogoshere, and the world for that matter, I have no delusions, about myself at least. Two. as I've said before, I'm a fat, old gimp and who has a thing for them? Three, and most important, those few that once voiced such a sentiment in my younger, better days, physicalwise at least, were quicly hunted down by the butterfly net brigade and taken to a place where they could live quietly without being a danger to themselves and others. Not something one should say, even in jest unless you have a particular attachment to rubber.

Josie said...

Wolfie, you're too way into the looks thing. I have no idea what you look like but I do know attraction is about more than that. That's why you cannot comprehend people being interested in my blog. "She's a girl, she's half decent looking, so what?" says wolfie.

Wolfie decent looking is a dime a dozen. I like to think I get alot of readers because of my humor, my wit, my kindness....and yeah MAYBE some cleavage shots too. :) You think it's about looks but it's not.

I wanna see a picture!!!!! Pretty please? Right now I'm picturing a man/wolf. LOL

Josie said...

OH what does the particular attachment to rubber mean????

Is it something gross? Is it condoms? which NO I DO NOT LIKE.

Waiting for my nice comment!

Wolfshead said...

Naw, it ain't all about looks, hell if it was I would have shot myself years ago. Me vs mud fence, fence wins yet somehow I was married for a few years. Suirell, blind nut, you do the math.

As for rubber, rooms, you know, where I should have been placed long ago.

Wolfshead said...

BTW, bad as looks are, they run a poor second to my attitude :-ppppp

I have a Facebook page. There may be a pic on it and I know there are some of my daughter if you really want to talk looks. Where the hell she got them I'll never know.

Josie said...

"So I watched the end of the Very Josie and saw Jordan climb out of a big hole to take out Josie but come up short when..."

BTW Jordan did NOT take me out of the Very Josie! That bastard Mojo did. lol He was to my left and was a thorn in my side for the whole damn game. Mojo needs an ass kicking and I've got my high heeled boots on.

Just you wait Mojo - Whenever I see your name, all I really see is a target. :) xoxo

Memphis MOJO said...

I was lucky to have the talented VERY Josie on my right-hand side, just where I could keep an eye on her!!

Wolfshead said...

That's right MM, keep sucking up