Monday, May 3, 2010

Do I play tonight?

What to play? For some reason I never seem to do well on Tilt so that to play there I usually have to deposit. I have winnings on about 6 other sites but can’t seem to build a bankroll on Tilt. So now do I deposit a few more bucks to play the PFTR tourney tonight? I know I’m playing the Mookie this Wed. (and it is the fucking Mookie damn it, no matter what anyone else thinks. It amazes me that people are actually agreeing with Waffles.) but do I play in the VeryJosie tourney also. Maybe that’s my problem on FT, I don’t multi table much. Trying to concentrate on one online table usually doesn’t work out for me.

The good news is that I seem to be coming out of the bleak mood I was in last week. I finally finished the online story I was reading that I mentioned at the end of my last post though I haven’t gotten around to critiquing it yet. Still feeling too frikkin lazy to do a whole lot of mental work. Today I picked up a book I hadn’t read in years and started on it though if I’m playing tonight I have to make sure I put it down a couple hours early to give my eyes time to refocus.. If I’m reading I’m in much better shape as books have always been a major part of my life. If I’m neglecting them I’m in a really foul funk. Another good sign is that I’m starting to feel like playing poker again, another main vice. I played both BBT5 games last week but that and a couple of PA forum special games were about all I played and wasn’t really into them. Haven’t even played many league games. Have to take a short break every so often.

Yesterday I played some ring on Power and a tourney on AP to kill some time. Results were so-so. The tourney was HORSE. Main reason I played it was that except for the occasional league game that shows up don’t get to play much HORSE and I like it. This one actually had enough people registered to make it interesting, around 45-50 runners, so I jumped in. Poker gods obviously didn’t like me playing it however. Was doing ok in the top 7 or so in chips until the bets were up there and I pissed away all my chips in Razz. I learned quickly in the first round that this group chased because there was always one guy with two face cards up to my 9 high board who would keep calling me down. Bluffing wasn’t going to work with this crowd. Somehow I blew all my chips on two hands, a 7 high then a 6 high, almost back to back. Now someone has to be really pissed off at you to get trashed in Razz twice like that in that short a time. Ring however was a bit better. Played a bit of .10/.20 NL and picked up about $22. Hit one good hand, boat over flush, but mostly it was lots of small pots just adding up. That and avoiding the one big chip dump that usually kills me in NL ring no matter how good my session before it. Table was fairly soft, if anyone had anything they bet, if not they checked and a bet into them could usually take it down. Not even any calling stations. Picked up another $10 this morning, same type table but gave it up. It was so tight that even the small pots were too small to be worthwhile. Again hit one good hand, boat over trips this time, and some small ones but gave it up as too hard. I’m not that back in to the game that I can do that kind of grinding.

Reading Schaubs and Waffles blogs on the no shows at the Invitational and have to agree with them. Al spends a lot of time arranging this thing and Tilt is posting some great prizes and people can’t be bothered to show? C’mon, there are hundreds of us out here that would kill for invites and you guys are just blowing them off? Way to go people. Hope Al’s keeping a list and checking it twice. Come to think of it, dye that hair and beard and he might make a passable Santa though what the kids would make of the SoCo I don’t know. For that matter would he be able to tolerate the milk that goes with the cookies? Don’t know about you but I hate sitouts at online tourneys. It’s one of the features I appreciate at AP/UB. If you don’t hit the take my seat screen they pop up at the start by the end of the first level you are then removed from the tourney. That way you aren’t fighting the inertia of a dead table. They seem to be the only sites that do it however. Anywho, I know Sunday evenings can be a busy time for folks, especially the nice ones we’ve been having, but still think folks would jump at the chance to play these games. Of course I’m just a crippled up old fart with a lot of time on my hands so my point of view my be skewed. Either way, get with the program people.

Hey look, a whole post and no mention of Josie. Thanks or the listen.

12 comments:

SirFWALGMan said...

Not mention Josie FAIL! Almost thought. I think sites should not seat you if you do not show. Just put a sitting out token where your seat is and remove those chips from the tourney maybe? Does that effect the game? So if you showed up late you would have lost the same amount but someone could not benefit from you not being there. Then kick them when they run out of chips or when first level ends or something.

The DANK! THE DANK! heh. I just like to start trouble you should know that by now. :P.

Memphis MOJO said...

Hey look, a whole post and no mention of Josie.

Josie who?

Wolfshead said...

You don't get off that easy Mojo

Josie said...

Hi Wolfie, Guess who?

1. Please play the Very Josie. There won't be a big field this week cuz of the BBT5 so it'll be quick.

2. You're not an old fart yet. You're only 53. Old farts are over 55 like Mojo! (Josie who huh)

3. I think you should start looking for something part time for work. You're too Goddam young to be retired. And don't give me that gimpy shit as an excuse. I read all about what you went through and it SUCKED. But it's done. You can drive. If you can do that you can do something parttime....if only to fund your very josie tourneys.

4. This Wednesday I'll be playing both the Very Josie AND the Mookie...not sure that's a decision for success but I'll give it a shot.

Wolfshead said...

Josie,

Sorry but that gimpy shit limits my possibilities even for part time stuff and not because of what I went thru. In addition to that shit I have also had a form of arthritis similar to rheumatoid for over 35 years. It was basically annoying up until about 10 years ago when it started getting bad but now it's such a bitch that I can't stand or walk for any long periods. Hell, I can't even flip burgers or stand in the front of WalMart and smile, not that I do much of that anyway. So unless I can find something where I can sit my fat ass in a nice cushioned chair, such as IT, I'm toast in the job market.

Josie said...

I'm not saying it's gonna be easy, but you gotta look. And I gotta bug you about it. :)

Funny, I don't really like putting personal info about me in cyberspace but we have something in common. I also have a very bad form of arthritis in my knees, which has gotten sooo fucking bad in the past year. It's frustrating and gets me down. Makes me feel older than 43 sometimes. But hey, there are worse things out there. It doesn't keep me down or keep me in a chair, but sometimes the ache gets to me. Of course I DO have a job where I sit my kinda fat ass in a chair.

Oh and you can complain about me being in posts but deep down you're sweet. Know how I know? You hyperlinked me when you mentioned me at the end. You sure didn't have to. That was very sweet.

Wolfshead said...

I don't complain about you. I'm making my statements about all the dickheads going gaga over you and acting like they have never dealt with a woman before. Sheesh, they make me wanna barf.

As for the other I'm sorry to hear about your knees, they can be a bitch when they hurt but when I say arthritis I mean ARTHRITIS. I was halfway to a wheelchair about 8 years ago if it hadn't been for the new generation of biologics they came out with for treatment. I have it everywhere including the spine. I spend 3-4 hours or more in the doc's office every 6 weeks getting an IV just to remain semi mobile these days. The weakness from the stroke has given it a bigger beachhead than it had.

Now all that doesn't mean I'm giving up. Just that it's gonna be a long road. Main thing is to get back to the gym, Things go much better when my ass ain't quite so fat but a temporary, I hope, foot problem is screwing me up in that endeavor. We'll see how it goes.

Josie said...

Not not about me, about me being IN POSTS....which I LOVE btw. But as far as people going gaga...not sure that's true, but I find it hilarious cuz honey believe me I'm no model or anything.

Didn't realize how bad your arthritis was....very shitty.

Playing a little "poker by the rails" right now. I was watching you play till your demise. bummer dude.

Wolfshead said...

Yea, Lucko did live up to his name last night. Still can't figure out why people push with A-K in a situation like that.

Josie said...

Wolfie what was offensive or TMI about my post??????

Josie said...

Oh and Wolfie, I thought of the perfect job for you....well IT would be the perfect job, let's call this a decent job. You should work for a courier service in the city that caters to businesses. You drive around and deliver papers to businesses that need it same day. It's a busy service here in Boston. So you drive....get your ass out of the car, deliver an envelope or two, get back in the car and go to the next drop off.

Here's what you do: Start calling the actual services in your area and find out if they are hiring. Or I'll call for you! It's PA, right? :)

Wolfshead said...

LOL, tou have never driven in Philly during business hours. Come to think of it Boston ain't much better. Actually bicycle messenger is the faster way of getting things delivered.

As for you post i replied on yours.