Thursday, May 20, 2010

It's Half Assed Because I Was High Schooled

Waiting for the Mookie to start. Flipping channels to see if anything worth watching. Yanks on ESPN again. What, third time this week already? Too bad the Yanks don’t play poker in the WSOP, ESPN would be covering it live wire to wire.

What’s going on with the blogs tonight? Comment I left on Waffles is no longer there. Waffles doesn’t seem the type to make one disappear. On to Josie’s and it says 3 comments but none are shown when I go to check. WTF is going on? I’ve entered the Mittelmarch.

On to the game. Seated at my table and recognize most of the names even if I haven’t had much converse with them. I see Julkeus, muhctim and Pushmonkey. Gary I’ve talked to. Trouble across the table in TwoBlackAces. See his name at too many final tables to take him lightly. MaggieO and DaBag make up the table. So far after 11 hands I’ve had a weak ace in 5 of them. Played it twice, in sb and otb. Won 1, lost 1, minimal pots. So far nothing major has taken place. Coop has joined the table. Take a decent pot when my ace gets stronger otb this time, A-K. Gary raised, coop and I call and flop comes A-Q-J. They both check, I bet 2/3 and take it. Been folding mostly but dump over 1000 to Gary. He raises, coop calls and I reraise with Q-Q. Gary calls and coop folds. Ace through the gate on the flop and I figure I’m cooked but Gary checks and I go 2/3s and he reraises and I fold. Get it back soon from coop however. I raise with A-Qs and he calls. Ace on the flop, he checks, I bet and he raises. I think a bit then call. Turn and he checks and I go all in. He calls, A-Q vs. A-8 and river bricks and I double. Soon take Julkeus out. I limp with K-Q off and he raises. I call and I hit a K in the door. I check and he shoves with about 900. I call and he has A-J and the Ks hold. Few small pots here and there as the tourney goes on. Mainly some steals. Have learned aggression pays.

Make it to the first break with about 6500. Gary is out. 23 Warsaw raises and Gary shoves his short stack. It’s only about 750 and I contemplate calling with 9-T suited but fold with regrets. Maggie calls and it goes to the flop and a check down to the river. Pair of 7s takes it but my T would have been good. Oh well. Lightning has joined the table as a shortie but soon doubles up. They must be putting all us nitty old men in one place. Where’s Mojo? Coop is out when his J-J loses to K-K. He hit his set but so did his adversary, Maggie. Too bad. Lightning has made a decent comeback from his short stack and guess who has taken coop’s seat. Shabazz Jenkins, wondered when he would show. Key Twilight Zone theme. Guess I’m going to have to link him this post just for FT’s persistence. Shabazz is gone, he shoves slightly over 900. I call with a weak ace and Lightning comes over the top. I fold and it’s Shabazz with A-Q vs. lightning K-K and the Ks hold. I soon take out microvillian when my T-T turns a set against his A-Q. Soon give it, and more, to muhctim. When I double him up with 5-5 against his 7-7. Thought he was C-betting a lo flop. Soon raise with T-T and get 2 callers but get no action when I flop a set and river a boat even though the turn is a K. Go into the second break with about 7500.mmThe rum is kicking in.

I get a few more chips after the break when my small pair gets no action but I get a double KO a few hands later. May have to continue this later. Game getting interesting and I’m buzzed. Do a double up when my A-K goes up against two all ins. BrainMc shoves his A-Q and Maggie comes along for the ride. Case ace hits but K kicker holds and I’m sitting decent. I do ok when my ducks flop a set against Warsaw. He min raise pre and I call from the BB. I hit the set and check as does he. Turn comes a Q and I check again and he bets. I minraise and he calls. River a blank and I shove my last 4900 and he folds. Couple hands later I chip up against AgSweep and my A-T hits top and bottom on the flop. Ag shoves bottom with gutter ball draw and my two hold up. My stack doesn’t last long as I shove Q-Q in to Dakota Black’s K-K. Board helps me not and my last chips go to OSU when he shoves top pair with a flush draw. I have 23 outs when I call with bigger draw, oesd and two overs but turn and river brick and I am gone in 16th place. Oh well, would love to cover final table but I’m shot for the night. GL all

This is going to have to wait to be posted. Too tired to link and do the spell check. Didn't think one could get so screwed up on umbella drinks. Of course when you knock off the entire bottle maybe it makes a difference. Just found out that OSU won. Congrats, glad to see you put my chips to good use.

Thanks for the listen.

7 comments:

dbcooper said...

Remind me to never play Ace Rag again and don't tell Josie I played it or I will never hear the end of it. I would say great playing with you but you might take it the wrong way.

Josie said...

@Wolfie - yeah my comments were all messed up last night and I don't know why. They disappeared then reappeared hours later.

Nice frigging playing last night - especially for you. :)

SirFWALGMan said...

yeah I never delete comments except advertisements.

Memphis MOJO said...

Q-Q into K-K, you can't do anything about that. Sounds like you played well, though (for a nitty old man, that is).

lightning36 said...

If I ever start feeling depressed I join remember that I am A young pup up the Nitty Old man Club. lol

Memphis MOJO said...

If I ever start feeling depressed I join remember that I am A young pup up the Nitty Old man Club. lol

Everything is relative, that's for sure.

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.