Thursday, May 13, 2010

Another Mookie down the drain

Mookie starting. Not many familiar names at the table, Buddy Dank to my left and Bad Blood across the table but that’s all I recognize. Start OTB with Q-9. Not suited, easy fold. Suited, otb, I like Q-9, it’s the ultimate suckout hand. Xkm1245 notices that there are three monkey avatars in a row and brings up the see no evil, …, line. As I’m the third one I have to disabuse him of that notion as I definitely speak a lot of evil. Played two earlier tourneys and cards sucked in them and not much better here. Went out both of them when I ran pocket paint, J-J and Q-Q, into K-K. Can I make it a 3fer?

So far this game my cards would be a donkey’s dream, lots of sooooted. Right now, lots of folding. Tried to push the Hammer and it cost me. Back to folding. Damn, folded suited Q and flop brought the flush with OE straight flush redraw and two pair to one guy and set to another. What a haul it would have been. Woulda, coulda, shoulda. Now it went from sooooted to weak aces. Need more patience because I can’t manufacture dick at this table, always a call if not a raise. Can’t even play my blinds, every one has been raised and none worth defending. Talk about being cold decked. Looks like I’m going to see how far folding can get me. Got some chips back. Had flush draw on a paired flop. Put out a value sized bet as a blocker from utg and it actually took down the pot.

Hey, finally, a real hand. Called bigdav’s raise pre with A-T and flop came x-T-T. He lays out a little over half the pot and I call. He checks the turn and I go about 3/4s and he folds. Hooray. BadBlood screws me up. In BB with 8-9 suited and first two guys limp. Just what I like, multi-way pot with suited connectors in the BB. Gold if you hit the flop, easy to get away from if you don’t. Blood spoils it all by shoving his short stack. Short maybe but still too big for a call at this stage. The suited cards keep coming, at least 8 straight hands suited. At least there was a K-Q and A-T among them. Nice pot off of Kajagugu. A-K in the BB with 3xs raise in front. Kaja calls as do I. Flop comes 3-3-6 and we all check. Turn a 9 and another check and Kaja bets slightly under half. I don’t believe he has the 3 and at best hit the 9 so I take a flyer and call. River brings a K and I check figuring on a trap but when he bets about 3’4s I chicken out and just call. K is good and I chip up a bit. Next hand is 8-8 but a preflop raise and all overs on the flop sends them to the muck.

Just gave most of my winnings to OMGItsPokerFool. Draw heavy board with flush and straight possibilities but can’t force him off his weak ace once he hit it on the flop. Gave up after 2 bullets. One of these days I’m gonna learn to fold once that ace hits. Couple hands later I’m forced off my BB with J-8 off with a 4xs raise and 2 callers. Flop is 9-T-Q rainbow. It figures. Q-Q in the BB. It’s either going to get folded to me or I’m seeing Ks. Glorioski Sandy, Flip74 raises and bigdav calls. Good chance there is no huge pair out there so I shove. Flip folds but bigdav has chips and calls with K-Qd. Good, only one over. Flop comes 9 hi but with two diamonds. Shit, make me sweat. Turn another 9, good. River a blank and I’m still alive, both figuratively and literally. Doctor once said I was going to stroke out playing poker. Made a liar out of him, I learned to relax at the poker table. I was asleep when I had the stroke. Still feel a rush during certain hands though.

Why does Shabazz Jenkins always wind up at my table in these blogger games? Not that I have any problems with him, or it, it just seems funny that with all the players in these games he consistently winds up at my table sometime during the game. Cue the Twilight Zone theme. Suited connectors and I think about raising but fold instead. Could have been a good fold as Mondogarage and bigdav get into a pissing match in a battle of the blinds. Mondo raises, dav reraises and Mondo tops him. Was there a real hand here or was it just a testosterone show? Dav folds so we’ll never know.

Make the second break though I’m scratching felt. Best I’ve done in any of the BBT5 tourneys so far though. Can’t seem to really add to my stack. Get up around 6 to 7K and then give a couple grand back. Very aggressive table tonight.

I swore I wasn’t going to mention Josie in this post but Tilt decided to put her right at my left hand. So much for good intentions. She dumps a lot of chips early when she calls an all in and it’s her A-6 suited against A-A. Gets them back from Shabazz though when she shoves A-K. Shabazz hasn’t played a hand since he sat down calls with K-Q. He gets a Q but Josie hit Broadway and doubles. And I go out. I get a couple decent hands and shove since I’m under 10 BBs but no action. Otherwise it’s weak aces and sooooted cards. Finally shove A-Q off into Columbo’s raise. He calls and it’s a race against his 9-9. Oh well, never was much of a racing man. It was fun as the Mookie always is.

Thanks for the listen.