Wednesday, May 19, 2010

WTF Was I Thinking?

Quick hitter before the Mookie.

Was playing the Buy In League game at PA last night. Make the final table as short stack but somehow get to be chip leader at one point. Finally get to 3 way play and all about even. Play goes back and forth and the guy who was fighting me earlier in the tourney for chip lead, and took it after I got donkish, gains a decent lead on us. Finally I figure I'm tired and when he makes a play from the button I decide to defend my blind with a weak K. Having played with him a bit I know he is very good at playing big stack poker and isn't above bullying when he can. K hits, I bet and he shoves and I call. Of course A-K and I'm gone. Good game. As I'm signing out to hit the hay the screen pops up saying I won $25 for third. Whaaaaat? Somehow my mind was blanked, I never even thought of the frikkin payout. How the hell do you play a damned poker tournament, especially a buy in, and forget all about the money? Was I that tired? Have I degenerated that far? I play a frikkin tourney and forget about the prize money. Maybe I have ascended to a higher level where the beauty of the game is the thing. I check the lobby and find out that first was $60+. Not bad for a $3 buy in, games must be getting bigger. WTF was I thinking? This shit has got to stop.

See you at the Mookie. Thanks for the listen.

3 comments:

Josie said...

lolllllllll

Memphis MOJO said...

GL in the Mook/Dank.

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.