Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Another day, another duodenum

It's 7:15 and I'm up for another day. I'm becoming to adjusted to this frikkin place. Not that my sleep is getting any better, just that I'm starting to ignore the distractions during the night. Most surely a bad sign.

Again we are in wait mode as these peckerwoods try and decide what to do with the day. You think they could plan these things out a day in advance at least, instead of waiting to the last minute. It ain't giving me any confidence as to what would happen if I had to rely on them for anything really serious if they can't do simple planning. Ah well, I'm up, made my report to the crap cops and ready to go. Wish they were.

Played a bit of poker on UB last night. Picked up $3 bucks in profit in the micro NL ring, another $5 in a couple of half buck SnGs and bubbled a $1 turbo PLO game and got called a total donk along the way. How did he know, I never played with him before? Guy seemed to think I was nuts for calling his preflop pair of Qs raise with a double suited spread and that they should lock me up for calling his push when I hit flush and a multiple possibility straight draw on the flop. I mean, how could I even think of calling his push with 23 outs? In a turbo tourney? With half my stack already in the pot? And about 6xs the BB left in front of me. Total donk move of course. Of course half my chips shouldn't have been in the pot to begin with because we all know that a double suited spread is a worthless hand. Even better I did it a second time the next orbit around to take him out. He must have stuck aroundfor 5 min berating me. Wasn't able to cash however. Went out near or in the bubble when the double suited spread finally failed me. Hit the flop for the draws again but they din't appear this time. Ah well, live by the sword, die by the sword. in case anyone doesn't know it yet, UB is a major donkey barn, at least at lower levels. Yea, I know, all places are bad at the low levels but these guys make most low level players look like pros. It's ironic that Helmuth's name is associated with the site. It's a shame I can't get to my AP account. With all this time on my hand could probably have increased it by another 50% at the SnGs.

Ah well, breakfast has arrived so we'll say adios for now. Thanks for your attention.

4 comments:

Riggstad said...

When the hell did you start a blog?

And why didn't you tell me about it?

Wolfshead said...

Actually started it a few weeks ago. By the time I really got posting in it I was kind of tied up here. Hell, read your own website, the addy is in my signature

BamBam said...

When the hell did you start letting Riggstad comment here?

And why didn't you tell me about it?

:)

Wolfshead said...

What can I say, it's the low rent neighborhood as it is. He can't hurt the property values much more.