Saturday, October 18, 2008

Just went downhill

Life just took a nose dive off the cliffs. Have 4 sessions today, just got back from the third and have an hour wait for the final one. Things weren't going too bad, good even, except for the fact the occupational therapist saying something about a 3 week stay and trying to convince me to at least make it 2 as she thought I would get more intensive therapy there then as an outpatient. Told her I would consider her opinion. Sessions went well, worked my ass off and neurologist stopped by and seemed to have a good opinion. However as I got back from last session I found them moving a new roomie in. Forget it, I'm definitely outta here, no matter what the reevaluation committee thinks on Monday.

New guy in the room is one of the fragile ones. Can barely talk, looks about 100 and they got him in a hospital gown, which in here means big problems because even most of the bad rehab cases are wearing sweats of some sort. No way I am spending any more time than necessary here under these conditions. Any physical progress will be defeated by mental depression and I will so state when we dicuss things. Now I know there has to be problems along the way but you are going to tell me there aren't people like me or my former roomie they could have stuck in here. This guy was moved from somehere along the hall so it's not like he's a new admittee being put in the only available bed. Doesn't anyone think about putting similar people together? I know it's a hospital but there has to at least be some more like me in here. Probably another guy like me sitting in a room with another one of the fragile ones somewhere cursing his fate too. Well time for therapyagain. More of my misadventures later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to hear that the therapy is going well.

Total cooler on the old dude. Maybe you can work a room change into the deal for staying longer.

For a small amount of fun, keep referring to your therapist as "The Rapist". They love that joke.