Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lost one to myself

Was debating whether to post again today or not and I lost.

Today was a tough one. Was feeling OK thru most of the morning but then I think the last week and a half came crashing down on me like a ton of bricks. The pressure, the lack of rest, the strain of therapy where it feels like you are lifting tons and you can't even make the fingers move, it all hit around lunch time. Felt like a rung out dish rag most of the day. Even worse, i screwed up the balance tests early and had my main therapy sessions late. Had absolutely no want to to do them. Just wanted to lay back on the bed and rest. Well I gutted it out and got thru the sessions, did quite a bit of work in OT as a matter of fact tho I slacked in PT got back to the room and crashed out on the bed figuring dinner, my family's visit, then tube until I fade. No blogging, no poker. So much for good intentions.

So here I am, got a table up on the screen and writing away but I am folding it in about 10 min. About even at the table, have lost 2 SnGs but have won the buy ins back at the ring game. Well I was ahead, had a guy call my As push with 6-7 off and flop the nuts. So I am down for the night. Oh well was going to retire shortly anyway Seems that we have a meeting tomorrow to review progress and decide where we go. All I know is I go out of here for this weekend. Daughter's visit is getting closer and I'm not missing it. Time to go folks and sorry that there were no great tales to tell today. Tomorrow tho we have another support group meeting and I will do my best to enliven it and bring a break from boring routine into these people's lives an d hopefully regal you with the results. Some times wonder if I playing the role of R.P. McMurphy here.

Thanks for allowing me to bore you once again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey man, I've been absent for a couple days, just catching up.

Sounds like you had a rough day today. I hope we are not the only ones you shared this with. You should go talk to the Doctors about it. I think you will find this quite important.

Good job on the group therapy the other day. That was too funny.

BamBam said...

One things for certain, it'll all catch up to you once in a while. Like brudder Carson before me, I also hope you share what needs to be shared with the Doc's!

Oh and I'll put my Scotch just slightly ahead of SoCo in the probable, "gut-eaters" debate!

;)

Hang tuff!

Wolfshead said...

Thanks NC and Bam. I am not bashful about letting feelings be known in cases like this.

And Bam, come on, unless you are drinking some godforsaken waste water from a polluted loch thee is no way youcan even compre SoCo and Scotch