Friday, October 17, 2008

Speaking of shit

Before I start on anything else I would like to thank Kat and Bam for their kind encouragement at the start of this thing and hope they see these words since it's been a few weeks between the flop and the C-bet.

Back to the subject. Running joke around this place has to do with shit, literally. Main question on the nurses and doctors' lips seems to be, " did you move your bowels" or "when did you move your bowels"? I have never seen any group of people so preoccupied with shit. Not the only one that notices this either as, in therapy today, the therapist made a remark about grabbing a stool and I wise crack about she better watch how she uses that term around here and the lady next to me on the mats starts laughing and says "yea, they really do worry about poop around here"? It's become a scream. They hand out laxatives and stuff like they are giving out Halloween candy. Even the techs and orderlies are getting a kick out of the jokes flying around. Decided that you better say yes when they ask because they might get too worried and bend you over and stick a hose up your ass if you tell them no. On a related note, when they ain't worried about shit they wander over to the other side and think about piss. You can spend 5 minutes draining the snake and they go, "we have to check your bladder to make sure it's emptying". Cripes man, do you have any frikkin doubt? Avoid rehab, there is no dignity.

On a more serious, and upbeat, note it looks like the therapy session went well today. Arm and leg are tired but seem to be gaining on it. Lucked out and have two of my therapists in tomorrow so it looks like I'm not going to be wasting a day the way I thought I would. Wasted time means more time in here and that no sane person would want. Things seemed to go well today, work tomorrow and reevaluation on Monday. Maybe out by Wed. Poker on Friday?

Just discovered Eagles off this week. My timing really sucks. One Sunday I'm cooped up and no frikkin game. All the gods now conspiring against me, not just the poker ones. Don't know what I did to piss them off so thoroughly. Am really working off some bad karma here. Even poker is screwed up. The network here sucks so bad that I can't get into AP, the only site I had cash on. Had same problem in the regular hospital earlier this week, same network, but there I could use the aircard from work. Here, it's a cell phone dead zone and the air card doesn't work so I'm SOL. Luckily I switched a few bucks to Ultimate Bet when I had AP access, just in case, so I'm playing some micro games to keep from being bored. The$20 win at the .01-.02 NL table the other night did a lot to improve the spirits tho about $5 has been returned. Hate this site but it's my only option. 10 freaking sites on the computer and the one I can't get into is the one that has my cash. Belong to an online league and we have a FR on Tilt tomorrow. Need to cash and get some bucks on there to give me another option. Oh well, time to close up shop for the night. Maybe I'll take a dump.

5 comments:

BamBam said...

An "alternative" perspective on this crap! IF you don't mind.

Rather than put up with this SHIT, be the SHIT !

Just sayin.'

Great writin.' All I'm tryin' to say!

I truly look forward to our next game. Make it happen Sir!

DrChako said...

Found you via Bam. GL with the rehab.

-DrC

Wolfshead said...

Thank you gentleman. All encouragement highly acceptable. Working on being the shit Bam. Have told these peole that I'm going to be so annoying, in the wise ass sort of way, that they are going to love tossing my sorry ass out of here. hope to make a game soon with you guys.

herb

Evy said...

Hey Herb...

Sorry to hear about the recent illness....:( I saw Patrick the other day briefly and I didn't have time to talk to him much, I'm sure he would have told me...

I know they will get tired of your ass and kick you outta there soon. In the meantime, if you need $ on Full Tilt or anything, let me know.

Katitude said...

Babes, not many people can turn this situation into some very funny writing - you had me giggling.

Cheers to a fellow smartass *grin. And very glad things are progressing!