Saturday, October 18, 2008

Feeling better

Wasn't going to put out a last word tonight but decided I better not go to bed in a brooding mood. Plus there is some information I received yesterday that made me feel better and felt I needed to put in here. Add to the fact that my family showed up for dinner and I'm feeling a tad better I thought a few final comments for the day will help the mood. Normally this woudn't be the close of the day for me but as I said earlier I worked my butt off and I'm feeling it so instead of playing poker for a few hours I think I'm gonna lay back, turn on the tube, find a game and if I fade out for the night I fade.

Had to do this because I am proud of my daughter. She and her mother moved to upstate NY this summer so she started a new school. Seems the school has 3 tracks, hi, medium and lo and they started her in the medium one, probably because they had no history on her. Got an email from the ex last night saying that she got a call from the school yesterday asking if she minded if they moved the daughter to the hi track based on her grades so far and the fact her teachers think she is bored with the current curriculum. They also informed her that she has the highest grade average in science for her whole grade, a 99.7. Considering my daughter keeps saying she wants to be an animal biologist seems like an auspicious situation. Go Maya, your father is proud of you. Keep up the good work.

Have said what I needed to say. New vistors so I'm going to sign off. Hopefully will be my old sarcastic and cynical self in the morning light.

3 comments:

BamBam said...

SEE !!!!!!

Maya's being "THE SHIT!"

Oh and for the record, Peb's say's she's keeping the marriage proposal option open!

;)

BWoP said...

Science rocks!!!

(I was a biology / political science major in college.)

Tell your daughter to keep up the good work.

And while you're at it, tell yourself to keep up the good work too.

Memphis MOJO said...

"Hopefully will be my old sarcastic and cynical self in the morning light."

We would expect nothing less!