Sunday, October 19, 2008

Day of rest

Today was mainly a day of rest. Only had half hour of therapy scheduled, that at 9 this morning and I was even robbed there. Frikin schedule didn't get here until about 5 of and by the time I got ready and the delivery guy got me there it was 10 after so I only wound up with 20 min. After that day was my own. Figured I would work on my legs and hand while lying around watching the games. Well got some done tho not as much as I would like. Damn arm was more tired than I thought from yesterday tho I was able to get a bit of rhythym in a cople of exercises they gave me to do. Just wasn't able keep it up as much as I would like. Problem is, as the arm gets tired you don't feel it as you would regular fatigue as you would from lifting weight. It just stops working on you which is frustrating as you don't know whether it's a set back or not. Hand actually clenched all 4 fingers today, an improvement over yesterday's 2. Thumb is still pissed off at me however as it refused to budge. Think it may be holding out for chocolates and flowers or maybe even drinks and dinner. Don't think it realizes it has already screwed me.

New roommate may not be entirely as bad as I thought. He is still one of the fragile ones but he didn't look as bad today as he did yesterday and he can talk and move around a bit though he is basically stuck where put him, bed or chair. He can talk however tho not exactly a brilliant conversationalist, and he watches TV. In fact he's screwing me up right now. Family brought my cell phone earpiece and I was intending to call my daughter tonight to congratulate her and talk to her but the volume on his tv is so loud that using the bluetooth will be tough. Doesn't bother me while watching mine as I'm using a headset which keeps out the background noises.

Hit the crapper a couple of times today. Yea, just what you folks want to hear but threw that in because I know it will make the shit police around here happy. At least the piss scans are over with. Told these folks that they can concentrate on the arm and leg and the brain, the plumbing works fine thank you.

There is a stroke support group tomorrow night or so the head doctor mentioned. Wonder if they are going to try and stick it on my schedule? Wonder if I will bother if they do? In case you haven't guessed by now I'm not a support group type person. unless it's a group of bloggers in a bar or a group of poker players. They want me to start feeling good about myself they can take me to my regular Mon nite support group, the RPT game at the Trappe. If anyone heading that way reads this tell Kaitlyn I said hi, hope to see her soon. anyway, back to the subject, I don't need any group to help me feel good about myself. I have an ego as big as the Rockies and about as solid. in fact I border on the narcisstic. Don't give a rat's ass as to what most people think about me as I know my worth to myself and if they don't agree with me that is their problem not mine. Except the bank when I'm trying to get a loan, hate when they don't agree with me as to my value. We'll see what happens. May go just to keep my sanity because I know that if I don't the head doctor will be up here on Tue. wondering why and trying to convince me what a benefit it is. Don't they always.

Guess it's time to call it a nite. Gonna put the late game on and maybe do a few more hand exercises. Gotta be careful tho. Hate to have it so tired that it refuses to show off for the therapists tomorrow and they think that there is some other problem with it.

BTW, the maudlin crap is over. I'm feeling feisty again.

2 comments:

Katitude said...

maudlin is to be expected, but feisty is better!

Memphis MOJO said...

Feisty work!